Monday, July 26, 2010

Have I Grown Wiser?

As I sit here waiting for my turn at the hair salon, I have time to look.... I mean really look at myself. Wow.... I've really got a lot of grey hair!! I supposed I'm not one of those strong headed (don't know whether that is the right word for this context) who are against colouring their hair just to cover the grey ones. I really don't
know when I would be ready for that...

Looking at me now, I have a good mind to call Delina to set for a root touch up appointment. But.... that's not the priority now is it. I have other things to focus on. For one, my baby girl is sitting for 3 more exam papers before leaving with her hockey team mates for Ipoh..... and I can't send her off as I have to report to work today. At least I shall be taking the rest of the week off!! Yeayy!!

Second is I have to allocate budget for our hotel stay and food in Ipoh ourselves....
Now...coming back to my grey hair, it got me thinking, have I grown wiser today with all these grey hairs on my head (& that's not the only place....lol). My answer would be:
"Why YES Hanani,you have definitely grown wiser these past
10 years that I've known you!"


Well, for one, I'd like to think that my temper is very much more controlled. Second, I try not to CHANGE my spouse' personality too much (hahaha). Actually, I do appreciate him as he is & things I know he'd rather not do, I'll do it myself. After all he does ALL, and I repeat ALL our laundry, including my mom's.

Being a mother to children with very strong characters has also wisen me up pretty much.

Work is another matter all together. I don't just feel wise...I feel almost ancient! And like any other normal human being, feeling not rumenerated enough. Well that's a different story all together.

For now, I would say that I'm wise enough to know that money is not as important as spending time with my spouse & my children, the most important people in my life. And I'm adamant
to make that happen at the turn of the decade, by Jan 2011. I'll find the way.

Signed,
The Wise One....

No comments: