Monday, May 05, 2008

We celebrated Miwaa's birthday at midnight.... I then decided do sleep in and take the half day off from work.
Miwaa is 14 today......

As I was going about the house chores, it struck upon me that I actually like doing that.... at my own time, see my kids off to school... (not the house cleaning part though).

Then, everything became so clear to me..... That what was told to me that ' the person I have to be become to be successful' is not what I want at all. I want to own my own time, yes. However, when I need to choose between family or work, I WANT to choose my FAMILY! That's the difference between my boss and me.

All these years, things were either unclear to me or I was subconsciously pretending to be someone I am not. There is no doubt that I can..... and am willing do work hard, work smart and all that. However, bottom line is, family is my priority.

She recently said to me that if she had to choose between the company and the family, she would have to choose the company, as the company 'feeds' the family. Fair enough..... However, I'm not willing to do that. You see I would be prepared to be with my family and suffer, than have a successful company and have my kids not needing a mother in their lives.

Having this clear perspective helps me see things better.

I'm so happy that Miwaa liked the present Adeil and I got for her. The joy of seeing her expression when she opened up the bundle that Adeil and I carefully packed...... (to make it look like something else, so that she never expects its her dream phone and a beautiful strap)...... Well, it worked!!!!

The 'Bundle' of Suprise...

"Mommy......Mommy.... Thank you!!!"

Her Express Music Phone......

"I love you Baby brother...."

Alhamdulillah, I have the capacity to provide for my children. Insya Allah that would continue till my grand children.
My Rezekis...

Thank You for the rezeki bestowed upon us Ya Allah!!!

And Thank You for making me see clearly!!!!.....

No comments: